Terms & Conditions
|Member (MIAgrM)||£ 80.00|
|Professional Member (P.Agric)||£125.00|
|Retired Member All Grades||£ 60.00|
Member - Individuals engaged in agriculture and associated rural businesses with management responsibility including those aspiring to management roles.
Fellow - Individuals who are currently or have made an outstanding contribution to agricultural management.
P.Agric- Individuals will be required to prove and demonstrate a high level of competence in their business activity on an annual basis via CPD (Continuous Professional Development).
The route for all new members of the Institute will require;
Completion of an application form
P.Agric only - provision of evidence of Annual Continuous Professional Development
Attendance at a formal interview by a panel of two assessors
Following a review of the documentation provided, the Director of the Institute will write to the applicant informing them of the decision of the application review.
Who we are?
The Institute of Agricultural Management came in to formal being in November 1995, having developed within the Centre of Management in Agriculture. This organisation itself followed on from the Farm Management Association which was established as long ago as 1966.
The Institute is the management organisation for those engaged in farm management in the UK and is funded almost entirely by membership subscriptions. It runs an Annual Conference and a National Farm Visit. IAgrM publishes Farm Management four times a year and periodically produces publications of management interest such as Farm Managers - their jobs and their pay, The Manager as Farmer - wisdom from some I have known, The Manager's Environment, and Food - its Production, Marketing and Consumption. It also publishes the papers from the Tenth International Farm Management Congress held in the UK in 1995.
There are a number local branches of lAgrM, each with its own programme of meetings and farm visits.
The Institute is a registered charity and is funded almost entirely by membership subscriptions.
The Objectives of the Institute of Agricultural Management
- To promote high standards in the business and practice of management in Agriculture.
- To promote training in management understanding, skills and experience.
- To encourage the provision and attainment of professional qualifications in the principles and practice of agricultural management.
The Institute fulfils these objectives by
- Being a focal point for those who work in agricultural management.
- Promoting the status of Farm Management as a profession.
- Publishing a quarterly farm management journal, "Farm Management", and other management literature.
- Holding conferences, workshops and farm visits.
- Providing information on management and ancillary courses available in agriculture and associated industries.
- Encouraging local discussion and contact through a network of local branches.
- Co-operating with any other organisation and/or sectors of the economy to enhance farm management generally.
Terms and conditions relating to IAgrM Membership
- Completion of the membership process signifies acceptance of the terms and conditions set out below.
- Membership fees may only be paid in GBP £ Sterling irrespective of your country of origin, the table above indicates the fees applicable
- Membership benefits are detailed above
- Access to the Members Only section of the website online is not permitted until full payment is received
- Discount on IAgrM National Farm Management Conference registration fees will not be given until full payment is received. Upon registering as a member your membership will be checked before registration is confirmed
- Professional Members are required to submit annual CPD.
- Payment may be made by credit/debit card (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX) or bank transfer in GBP £ STERLING only. If paying by bank transfer you must accept ALL bank charges. Payment may also be made via our website.
- Cancellation policy for Membership: 1) Notification in writing within first calendar month of joining/renewal - full refund less £25 Administration Costs. All bank or credit card charges incurred by IAgrM will not be refunded. 2) Reimbursements will be made for payments made by bank transfer only.
- IAgrM operates on a calendar membership year. You will be invited to renew your membership on the 1st of July annually.. Renewal notices are issued by post one month prior to expiry. Membership applications received during the year will pay on a pro-rata basis.
- This contract is governed by the laws of England.