Farmers, farm managers and others engaged in management in agriculture and associated rural businesses can apply for membership. Persons in other groups associated with management in agriculture in its widest sense, such as consultants, advisors, academics research workers etc are also welcome.
The Benefits of Membership
- The opportunity to belong to a professional body concerned specifically with management in agriculture.
- The opportunity to attend the prestigious Annual Farm Management Conference and National Farm Visit
- The International Farm Management Technical Journal is produced electronically four times per year.
- Activities arranged by the Institute’s branches covering much of the country.
- Participating in personal development programmes.
Historically the main grade of Institute Membership for individuals engaged in agriculture and associated rural businesses management responsibility including those aspiring to management roles.
A full membership is only awarded following application which has been reviewed by the Professional Affairs Committee of the Institute. This is the membership grade for those who do not wish to take part in the annual review of competence carried out using CPD records.
Those who are currently members would be able to apply for P.Agric (MAgrM) membership and grandfather rights would allow this to be awarded following a review by a panel without the need for a formal interview.
This grade can be awarded to new applicants who, following a formal review of application and interview can demonstrate that they meet the criteria
P.Agric members are required to submit a record of Continual Professional Development (CPD) covering the period 1st January to 31st December annually.
A membership grade which is awarded to those individuals who are currently making or have made an outstanding contribution to Agricultural Management and have been proposed and Seconded by a member of the Institute and approved by the Council Institute.