We welcome contributions which meet the objectives of the Journal, and which fit into one of the following categories
- Articles based on original research, submitted for peer-review (up to 6000 words);
- Reviews of ‘state-of-the-art’ of research in relevant arenas, again subject to peer-review (up to 6000 words);
- Reviews of ‘state-of-the-art’ in agricultural or related practice (up to 5000 words);
- Case Studies of innovative practice, including evaluation of results (up to 3000 words);
- ‘Viewpoint’ articles taking a particular standpoint on current issues, and encouraging response from readers (up to 1500 words);
- Professional updating pieces (e.g. in rural policy, market trends, managerial practice) (up to 3000 words);.
- Book reviews (up to 1000 words).
Word counts include abstract and reference lists, but not tables and figures. Articles submitted after 15 September 2013 must adhere to the word limits above.
Where a study is specific to a particular country or region we welcome an international dimension in literature reviews and conclusions.