FarmPlanner - CLICK HERE for details of the 2017 Competition
IAgrM FARM PLANNER OF THE YEAR
The Farm Planner of the Year competition is arranged each year by the Institute of Agricultural Management
The overall aim of the Farmplanner competition remains as it has done for many years which is to promote the role of all aspects of planning in modern farm management. Clearly, in these changing times for British agriculture, there is a chance to look at new options and consider afresh old established practices.
The host farm sets a number of questions relating to the business and its development and the teams have the opportunity to visit meet with the farmer / manager and the staff following which they produce a report with their recommendations.
The competition has a couple of simple rules covering the teams;
- Each educational establishment is allowed to enter one team of no more than 5 members of which at least 2 will have attended the farm visit.
- Each educational establishment are allowed up to 10 attendees at the farm visit.
- Presentations can be sent in electronically or in paper form (if in paper form 4 copies will be required).
- All questions relating to the project should be sent by email to IAgrM and not direct to the farm being used for the project.
- All information provided about the farm being used for the study must be treated with confidence and not disclosed to any other party.
- Copies of the financial information covering the enterprise will be available.
The estate visit and information day will take place early in the year and the programme for the day will be sent to entrants approximately 10 days prior to the estate visit.
Full details on the current Farmplanner Competition can be found by CLICKING HERE
2016-17 Farm Planner Main Sponsors