IAgrM is a licensed member of the Society for the Environment (SocEnv) and can
award the Chartered Environmentalist qualification to suitably-qualified IAgrM members.
Who is the SocEnv?
SocEnv is a non-political, not-for-profit umbrella body for environmental and sustainability professionals. More information about SocEnv can be found via:www.socenv.org.uk
What is a Chartered Environmentalist?
Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) is the highest level of professional qualification available to environmental practitioners. CEnv recognises the high level of professionalism and competence of individuals working in environmental fields.
The qualification of Chartered Environmentalist is of particular interest to IAgrM members with the increasing awareness of the importance of the environment within those working in the Agriculture and the rural sectors.
Chartered Environmentalists must:
- Have a clear understanding of and be able to demonstrate sustainability.
- Use knowledge of the environment to further the aims of sustainable development.
- Analyse and evaluate problems from an environmental perspective, and develop practical sustainable solutions.
- Demonstrate leadership in sustainable management of the environment.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to professional standards, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment.
How do I get my CEnv?
The following document provides details on how to apply to be a Chartered Environmentalist via IAgrM.
Click here to download the application pack.